Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tuesday Randomness

“Service is the rent we pay to be living. It is
the very purpose of life and not something you do
in your spare time.” Marian Wright Edelman


My friend Barb just sent me a note asking me to vote for her as she runs for ISEA Retired Delegate to the National Education Association. I had already sent my ballot in voting for her. She exemplifies the quote above. Marion Wright Edelman is a great American. You should go and read about her. Thanks Barb for reminding me about her.

I wrote three (little) poems today. They are important to me because I have not written a poem for a year or so. Perhaps the muse is returning. I share them here.

(1)
When I woke up this morning I was dreaming of a smile.
The smile on your face that expressed your feelings of friendship.
It brightened my whole day and I just want you to know
That smile was a gift to me – even though it was only in my dream.

(2)
Have you ever noticed as you drive down the road
The little cars passing you are all painted red!
Usually driven by someone with a look of dedication on their face
Dedicated to being in first place or winding up dead.

(3)
I love those photos I took. - Moments and Memories.
You can see the love of a Father for his son.
The joy of the Mother as she holds this miracle she loves
This child of God they made together -
This gift from Father-Mother God that lights up everyone’s life.

Bailey got groomed today and he got a new collar. He looks beautiful.

I found out what happened to the lady (Bernice) who lived next door. Bernice's daughter was outside the house when I came back from running errands and she told me that Bernice had moved to Friendship Haven in Ft. Dodge. Her other daughter lives in Ft. Dodge so she will be near family. One mystery solved. The enormous dumpster in the front driveway was the clue.

Speaking of garbage. I found out that I am eligible for a Senior discount with WasteManagement Thanks to Aunt Jo for cluing me in.

The old computer has been fitted with a new hard drive and my nephew is taking it off my hands. I hope he gets am much good out of it as I did.

I found a Tarot Card site where you take a little test and it tells you which Tarot Card you are. I am the Tower.


You are The Tower


Ambition, fighting, war, courage. Destruction, danger, fall, ruin.


The Tower represents war, destruction, but also spiritual renewal. Plans are disrupted. Your views and ideas will change as a result.


The Tower is a card about war, a war between the structures of lies and the lightning flash of truth. The Tower stands for "false concepts and institutions that we take for real." You have been shaken up; blinded by a shocking revelation. It sometimes takes that to see a truth that one refuses to see. Or to bring down beliefs that are so well constructed. What's most important to remember is that the tearing down of this structure, however painful, makes room for something new to be built.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.



I don't know anything about Tarot but I really like the "makes room for something new to be built" part of the quote. Have a great evening. Hugs, j

No comments: