Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday Mutterings

I found this today. It is called Telemarketer's Worst Day and it is funny. I hope even the Telemarketer who reads this Blog will enjoy it.

Also I listened to the sermon from First Baptist Church in Johnston, Iowa this morning. The Associate Pastor gave the sermon and it was on invitations. I think back to how thrilled I was when I got an invitation to Evan's First Birthday Party. I also think back to how I wasn't invited until last minute to Family Easter so I had already made other plans. Invitation are important and I appreciated her sermon.

Also today the mail brought a Thank-You note from Dakota. I had given him a book (through his father who was doing some repair work for me) in December and the note that came with it explained that while he had written the note a long time ago they had dropped the ball in sending the note. Thank You notes are important and I was glad to see that they are teaching him about sending Thank-you's. Mother was adamant about making us write thank you's and both Ginny and I try to get them in the mail as soon as possible.

Speaking of Thank Yous and Invitations I miss getting the invitations to graduation parties. I never like to go to the parties (my hang-up) but it is nice to be remembered by former students and their families and I enjoy seeing them before they are off to college. I think the last one I got was at Inez Grove park and it was a surprise for the student. His mom said I was his favorite teacher and so I went. I had a great time.

I have been invited to a former student's wedding in June and while I don't usually like weddings I will go to this one. He and his family are very special to me.. Any suggestions about what to get for a wedding gift?

I am going to Des Moines this evening to Acanthus. They are having a Third Degree and the Shrine Past Masters are putting on the second section. They always do a good job.

I finished Solomon's Builders last night and highly recommend it. Well written and easy to understand. Witty and it puts Masonry in a perspective regarding the founding of our nation that I had not previously thought about. Stay cool and Be Happy! Hugs. j

2 comments:

Larry said...

Okay, that was pretty funny. I might have to look up his number and give him a call or two...or 9 million.

Mills Creative Minds said...

I love Tom Mabe's stuff! If you enjoyed that prank, please come and visit my comedy site at Telespank.com. This is where I "spank" telemarketers who call me, and then I post it on the web for the world to laugh along with me. :)

Kevin / The Spankster