Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday

Things are good. Most of my problems of the last week were of my own imagining and I feel good again. I think I am obsessive and need to learn to let some things go.

This morning I drove down to Des Moines to deliver the "Lodge in a Box" to Acanthus. They were in the middle of their monthly pancake day and while I don't eat pancakes because of the diabetes I had a few sausages (delicious) and some coffee and had visits with some people. They are using the Lodge in a Box on Monday and I will take it over to Cedar Rapids on Tuesday.

Friday night the Grand High Priest (who is also Governor of the Iowa York Rite College)called and asked me to do the part in the Royal Arch Degree in Marion, Iowa. Now I have successfully avoided doing ritual work for over 20 years. And here I am doing it again.

The only thing I don't like about it is having to drive back late Tuesday night by myself and then get up the next day to go to the Home Board Meeting in Boone.

After the Pancake Day I went to the Iowa Research Lodge #2 meeting. Research Lodge # 2 is essentially a Masonic Book Club. Every year you get a book and can attend two meetings where a Masonic Author gives a presentation. Today we had the meeting in the morning and then a delicious noon lunch and after lunch we heard Christopher Hodapp,
author of Freemasons For Dummies speak about his latest book Solomon's Builders. Freemasons, Founding Fathers and the Secrets of Washington D. C. It is the book we are getting this year for being members of Iowa Research Lodge and I am going to quit blogging soon and start reading the book. Anyone wishing to join Iowa Research Lodge (who is a Master Mason) can download a form for joining here. I have always found it to be the best bargain in Freemasonry.

It is a beautiful day. Now I am going to read. Enjoy - Be Happy. Hugs. j

No comments: