Saturday, May 5, 2007

Vacuum Cleaner Salesmen, et. al

In "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" Mrs. Eddy says "Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need."

Yesterday a man came to the door and after I got Max locked up I let him in. He wanted to clean my carpet. Normally I don't give these guys the time of day but - Bailey had been peeing on the corner of my grandmother's desk and there was a spot on the carpet.

I purchased a throw rug with vinyl backing on it to put under it but had not done anything about it as I needed to clean up the carpet. I had some Urine Be Gone (what a name for a product) but frankly that really did not do much.

So I let him in. A few minutes later he brought in a young man carrying a Kirby vacuum and I spent the next couple of hours watching him run the vacuum over the floor. He used little disks to show me how much dirt (a lot) it was getting up and proceeded to lay them out. Once he got into the floor it picked up so much hair that I was really impressed.

Then he attached a foam cleaner for the carpet and proceeded to work on the spot and generally went over the entire front room. While the spot did not come out completely, it was greatly reduced and I put the throw rug down and so far (fingers crossed) Bailey has not done anything there. The throw rug is thee same color as the carpet so it is not really noticeable. I figure if he does something there I can just pull up the rug and launder it.

I felt like I was playing "Deal or No Deal" as he would call up his manager and each time the price came down. He went from $1700 to $1000. My sles resistance was on high however and as much as I might have liked to have one I just spent a bundle on the new computer and am traveling to Texas in June so I did not feel like taking something else on.

I am going to put another picture on here. This is one of Charlie and me right after we were obligated in AMD. I know Charlie does not really like to have his picture posted on here but this is one of the best (recent) pictures taken of me and I want to share. Notice the smaller waist. I am down to one notch left on my belt. I had my suit pants taken in and all of my pants were to large so I have had to purchase new ones. I get awfully tired of yogurt, Slimfast and not much for supper it is working. I wonder if I can get down to the 38 inch waist I had in the late 60's? It would be fun. Be Happy - Hugs, j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brother Jay, I'm enjoying reading your blog.

I'm dieting too. It gets old but, it is working for me too.

Its great to have both of you in AMD! I look forward to a lot of great times!