Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday

I drove to Cedar Rapids this morning. I went over to pick up the "Lodge in a Box" for Acanthus to use next Monday night. Drove over, got the box and drove back. Listened to music on the way over and back. Some CD's I had for gotten. Peter Paul and Mary's In These Times brings tears to my eyes. Particularly the song Don't Laugh at Me Also Jesus Is On the Wire. I highly recommend the album.

Of course the Union Medley always give me a boost. Especially these lines:

If you want a raise in pay all you have to do
Is go and ask the boss for it and he will give it to you
He will give it to you, my boys, he will give it to you
A raise in pay without delay; He will give it to you

Oh, put it on the ground, spread it all around
Dig it with a hoe and it will make your flowers grow


So there I am driving across Iowa in the spring, looking at the green and noting that the farmers have a lot of their crops in and the green is beginning to cover the dark of the topsoil.

I'll do it again on Tuesday afternoon to take it back. I have to wait till afternoon because the vet is coming at 11:00 to shoot Max. He will enjoy that. i have room for one in the car if anyone wants to ride along. j

No comments: