Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tim Bonney




I first met Tim Bonney on the Masonic Light "List" This is a list where Masons of all types can post and discuss on many Masonic topics. I find it fascinating. The even have Female Masons on the list. Tim is a frequent poster. When he moved to Iowa I was able to meet him in person. I attended his Installation as Master of Daylight Lodge on a snowy winter day and was very impressed with the fact that, not only was he installed as Master, his first act was to confer a Second degree.

Tim is a minister and had come to Iowa to pastor a church in Johnston.

We did not have a lot of contact but I continued to enjoy meeting him occasionally and enjoyed his postings to Masonic Light. Always thoughtful and well articulated posts.

Then I discovered Tim's Masonic Blog and found his postings to enlightening. Tim's post about the Allied Masonic Degrees which we are starting in Des Moines was "spot on" and gave me a lot to think about as to what Freemasonry can be.

Today in looking over his blog (His is on my daily list of blogs to check out) I discovered that he has started a new Web site for Ascalon Chapter # 139, Royal Arch Masons. I am a dual member of this Chapter.

He is just beginning the site so it is still under development but it is still better than many sites I have seen.

Tim just sent me the url for his church Blog site. You can also hear his sermons at this site. I recommend listening to the May 6 Sermon. It is powerful.

Congratulations Tim, I applaud your effort and wish you the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brother Jay,

Thank your for your kind words!