Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Taner


Last night I ate at Quizno"s (as usual) and as I was leaving I thought I need some ice cream. So I glanced over at the Dairy Queen and, much to my surprise, there was Taner waiving to me from the front of the store. Taner is a Lodge Brother. He joined at the end of last year and I have enjoyed getting to know him. Taner was in the York Rite festival last Saturday and I know he will enjoy that also. He reads my blog and challenges me on some of the things I say. He causes me to think.

Taner blogs as Perpetual Skeptic and, while not as prolific as I am his blog is always worth reading.

What Taner wanted me to do was to come and meet his family. So it was nice. Not only did I get my ice cream I got to meet Taner's wife and son. Julie also blogs...Her blog has only two entries but one of them has a picture of their son. Of course he is older now and was as cute as can be with blue eyes and curly blond hair. We had a nice visit.

Taner was due to go to the tonsorial parlor (Professional Cosmetology Institute) to get a "haircut" so I trotted out the sixth grade humor and asked him "Which one?" I mean I usually get all my hairs cut. (I got that one from Gwen Mitzel with whom I taught for many years at Edwards school) I gave him a ride to the Institute.. (I wonder Taner, which one of us should be "institutionalized") -

Anyway it was a fortutitous (sp) occurrence and I am glad it happened. It brightened my evening. Thanks Taner for waiving at me. I like your family and your son is beautiful as is your wife.

1 comment:

Taner said...

Hey I know this guy! :) Jay, my wife and I enjoyed your company very much. Once we move to our new house, we have to have you for a dinner.