Monday, May 7, 2007

Starting the week off right

It was a beautiful day today. I had a relaxing enjoyable morning and then I went down to Des Moines to meet a friend for coffee. Actually he was an acquaintance before and now I consider him a good friend. See I am getting out and making connections. I have known him for a couple of years and am nuts about his son, Jack.

A couple of years ago I gave Jack a copy of Misty which is a book I read when I was a kid. My Aunt Ethyl (great aunt actually) gave it to me and it is a timeless, wonderful story. I highly recommend it. Anyway That was the beginning of a great afternoon. Then it was out to Acanthus for dinner.

The Secretary was going to be gone so he asked me to take the money. An onerous job. Since there was no meeting I went out to Costco to get gas. It is about 5 to 10 cents a gallon cheaper out there and once I got that it was head home for an early evening. The drive back was exquisite. The sun was getting ready to go down and the clouds were just right so I was treated to reds, golds, lavenders, and blues all the way back. There was still water standing in the field so the reflection enhanced the experience.



Absolutely another reason why I love living in "The Beautiful State" The temperature was perfect the friendships wonderful and even though we didn't get to go for and afterglow at Christopher's it is good to be home with the window open and 67 degrees outside. Tomorrow Bailey gets groomed. Stay Happy and hug someone. j

No comments: