Friday, May 25, 2007

TV/Movies and such

Well sweeps are over and TV has returned to the vast wasteland it really is. I looked over the TV guide and found nothing of interest to watch and since there was no Lodge meeting last night I went to Hollywood Video to rent some movies.

Last night I watched Venus with Peter O'Toole and Catch and Release. By far I enjoyed Catch and Release the most. Perhaps because Venus was about aging and as I get older I do not find this type of show as entertaining. I have always like Peter O'Toole but watching him age just shows me what I may have in my future. I also delete those "as we get older" so-called joke e-mails that people send me. Remember I forget that I am getting up there until reminded by looking in the mirror. That is why I like hanging out with younger people.

Catch and Release was more fun.

Speaking of fun shows I really enjoyed Studio 60 this year. It was the brainchild of Aaron Sorkin who was behind West Wing but it did not last as long as that show. I think that is unfortunate. It was a good show that brought intelligence and wit to TV. Something entirely lacking on most shows currently put out by the Networks. I am waiting for The Closer to come aback on.

Speaking of TV - Al Gore was on The Daily Show and Letterman last night. He is out campaigning for his new book "Assault on Reason. There is speculation as to whether or not he will enter the presidential race. If his reception on either of the shows is an indicator, he should run again. After all he won the last time he ran. I'd vote for him again. I shook his had once. Strong grip. Looked me in the eye and called me Jay. Of course, I was wearing a name tag. It was still a thrill.

Tonight I am going to Des Moines to (finally) The Hoax with Richard Gere. I am looking forward to it.

Have a good week-end. Stay Dry. Hugs, j

No comments: