Monday, December 31, 2007

End of the Year


Last day of the year.

I didn't get to the movie. Too busy on the computer. I did go down to Des Moines and went to the Market Cafe for lunch. They do have great burgerss & fries but I could only eat half of them. Then I went to the Consistory building for the New Year's Eve Happy Hour. I had a great time. There are pictures on the Consistory Blog.

I got home around 5:30 and am ready to snuggle in for the night. I got a note from my sister and it brought tears to my eyes.

Catch a great big hug.
You know the only man who has been there for me through all the days of my life is you and I don't think I have ever told you that I realize this and APPRECIATE YOU. Your love is a gift.
That makes up for all of the crap I have taken from anyone else this year. In 1952 God gave me the gift of a little sister and she has brought much to my life. Over the years I have learned to love her the way God loves us. No matter what we do He/She loves us. We are required to do nothing but be ourselves.

At a time when others seem to have abandoned me or are vilifying me I got the above on an e-mail. It justifies everything I have ever done. Mom and Ginny (and later Jonathan) and I had a special relationship. I miss our mother but I know that she is still alive as long as she is in our hearts. We may have problems from time to time but every once in awhile we let each other know how much we mean to each other and that is what family is all about. That is all I need. I wish for everyone a very special and Happy New Year. YOU ARE LOVED! Big Hugs, j

1 comment:

Dianne said...

that is a wonderful note from your sister, I'm so glad you got it for the New Year.

My baby brother told me recently that I was his "hero" all his life, that he remembered every time I looked out for him and that the way I had handled my life was "an example"

These little moments are priceless - fuel for our spirit's engines - they'll get you going when you need them.