Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lunch with a Lovely Lady

I have known Nell for years. I had two of her granddaughters in school. They don't come any better than Nell and her family. Imagine my surprise when she called me this morning and invited me to lunch. Now I don't normally "do" lunch - diet you know - but I could not pass up this opportunity. Because of the impending snow she had me come a little earlier than usual.

Nell always puts on a "spread" and there was a lot more than I could eat but I want to tell you it was wonderful. She tells me that she has a lot of people stop in for coffee each day and I know that is true. She is going to be 90 years old in January. I think her "people" keep her young. I am so glad she is my friend. It turned a crummy, snowy day into a bright spot in my life. I hope she enjoyed having me. (P.S. She called to make sure I made it home all right because it had started to snow)

Lodge tonight - I am so glad I have 4-wheel drive but it shouldn't be too bad. Later, Hugs, j

No comments: