Sunday, December 16, 2007

I was Enchanted

Sometimes you just have to go out to a movie. So when I woke up in my shitty (yes that is the word none else will do)mood, I decided I needed a dose of Hollywood and that is just what I got. I needed a fairy tale and I had seen the preview for Enchanted and it sounded just right, and it was.

The story starts in a cartoon land where the fair young maid played by Amy Adams is working and singing with a group of her forest friends. You know the type bunnies, chipmunks, and birdies, the usual for a fairy tale. Approaching her from the forest is James Marsden as the handsome Prince who has just captured a troll. One thing leads to another and she agrees to marry him and goes to the castle where the delightful Susan Sarandon as my favorite character (why do I always like the evil Queen?) devises a plan to send the lovely Giselle far away to New York City. The Queen pushes Giselle into a wishing well and she is transported to Manhattan.

She climbs out of a manhole (standard entrance into NYC) and eventually meets up with a divorce lawyer played by Patrick Dempsy who is raising his daughter by himself. The most fun (for me) is when the Evil Queen comes to New York to "take care of Giselle with a poisoned apple." Susan Sarandon is absolutely one of my very favorite actresses and she nails this part.

Well you know what happens, It is a fairy tail, right so everything has to come out the way you want it to. And it does and it brightened my day.

It also brightened my day when I stopped into Borders and found the new Steve Berry book, The Venetian Betrayal. It tells a story with characters I first met in one of his earlier books and enjoyed. So I finished Stone Cold by David Baldacci (A Camel Club Book) now I am going to read this one. I love it when authors I like carry characters from one book to another. Especially when they write well. I took the book into the theater with me (along with a book light I keep in the car) and started it. I will enjoy it.

So things in my world seem to be better. I will not dwell on those who hurt me but instead take my friend Sam's advice and be grateful for those who care. Hugs, remember you are loved. j

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay I'm glad to see that you are feeling better. sometimes at this time of year we all get feeling alittle crappy and its OK just dont dwell on it and things will work out in the end. you still have other good friends to be with

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Thanks, I am more bummed about the family than the other. What else is new!

Anonymous said...

Jay, I'm wiht you - family can be so enfuriating at times! Glad to see you're being the bigger person instead of reducing yourself to traducement. :-)