Monday, December 3, 2007

Ladies Night at Acanthus

Tonight was Ladies Night at Acanthus. They evidently do this every year about this time and it was very nice. The dining room was decorated in a holiday motif and special place mats and other decorations set the stage for a lovely evening.

The meal was prepared and served by the Ladies of the Eastern Star and the Rainbow Girls from Southgate helped out. It was a delicious pork chop dinner and the place was pretty full. Usually the Monday night dinner is about half full but with the ladies invited it almost filled up the room.

I made two new friends "Stu" and his wife Nght. Nght is from Viet Nam and is very pretty. I enjoyed visiting with them. They still have a place in Viet Nam and go back there once a year or so. Stu wants Nght to write a book about her experience leaving Viet Nam in a boat in the middle of the night and I think she should do it. Stu is a retired Marine Colonel and also was on the Police Force. He hasn't been a Mason all that long but he joined for the right reasons. I really enjoyed getting to know them

The entertainment was a Bell Choir and they were really very good. I enjoyed the music and the company. It was a good evening.

I went to Acanthus tonight fully expecting that I would probably ask for a demit before the year was over. There are a couple of people there who (I feel) would be happier if I were not a member. I was going to make them happy before I had to pay dues again. However, because of my friends there and the way I feel about them I will probably pay dues and remain a member. I doubt if I will attend as frequently as it is hard to be someplace where you feel you aren't wanted but I won't give up right now. We will see how things go. I guess I can go and be with friends and ignore the others Everybody doesn't have to like me and I don't have to interact with them. I don't want to feel like I have to walk on eggshells or receive constant criticism so I will probably find another part of the room to be in and leave them alone. It's probably not the best situation but it will work for now. There are enough people in this world who do like me that I can get along without those who don't.

When I got home there were two e-mails waiting for me with very nice sites to enjoy Christmas - One is called "Teach the Children - Christmas. " and the other is the Ashland Interactive Site. You will enjoy them if you go to look.

I am beginning to get Christmas Cards in the mail. I suppose that is the next thing I have to do. I hope you had a good day. Bailey goes in to be groomed tomorrow morning. Oh yes, one advantage to going to Des Moines. Gas there is a lot cheaper than in Ames. Hugs, j

No comments: