Friday, December 21, 2007

New Master Mason


This is a photo of Worshipful Master Jeremy Davis, Our newest Master Mason Kyle Loftin and his father Mike Loftin. Kyle is home on leave for Christmas and as you know if you read yesterday's post he received his first two degrees last night. Tonight he was raised to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason in Arcadia Lodge and I mean to tell you I was very impressed with this young man. I have always liked Brother Mike (one of the good guys) and his son is a lot like him.

It was an emotional evening as Mike was the one to raise him and give him the "word" - I have only seen a father do that one other time and it meant a lot to all of us. David and I are both going to Blog about this event so I recommend that you go to Dave's Blog (link at the left) and read what he has to say.















Before the meeting we had a delicious pork loin dinner prepared by W.M. Jeremy and S. W. Paul. I snapped this picture of Kyle and his ribbons. He came in uniform so when I gave him his Masonic pin I was not able to pin it on but I am sure he will enjoy wearing it. He has already read "Solomon's Builders" and I recommended some other books. He has found a Lodge near where he is stationed and is looking forward to participating there. He passed his Masonic Enlightenment Course with flying colors and demonstrated the modes of recognition and he has his dues card so he will be able to travel and work as a Master Mason. I/we are very proud to have you as a Brother Kyle and we will keep in touch by e-mail and of course you can always read my blog.

No comments: