Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holiday Dinner at Arcadia Lodge.

 For several years Jeremy Davis has been preparing a dinner for the members and guests of Arcadia Lodge at an Annual Holiday Dinner.  He takes the entire day to prepare, cook and serve a wonderful meal with Turkey, Ham, Cheezy Potatoes, Green Beans, salad and rolls.  Plus home made from scratch pies.
 Our Lodge is a very nice place to come to gather for good fellowship and escape from the trials of the world.
 The members were asked to bring Toys for Tots which will be donated to this program which supplies toys for those who might not otherwise have them.
 The tree and the poinsettias added a festive touch to the room
 There was a chance for "munchies" and conversation prior to the meal.  Originally scheduled for last Saturday it had to be postponed because of the Blizzard we had last week.

 Clean-up is always necessary.  
 We enjoy our Lodge.

I spent the day preparing handbooks for the new officers and printing them. I had done them several years ago but they disappeared and there was a need for new ones.  I decided that it would be better to put one together for each officer to have and keep with him as he progresses through the chairs.  Instead of passing them on. Hopefully it will become a valuable resource for the officer.

I also collected the money when people came in and had a great time.  I had not eaten much today. Just a grilled cheese sandwich because I knew we would eat well tonight.  And we did.  Tomorrow I pick up my cousin Lily and her guy at the airport.  I always enjoy doing that,  Have a great Sunday and come back in the morning for the Sunday Funnies.

No comments: