Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lunch

 I don't really like going to Hickory Park for lunch.  For one thing you have to wait in a mess like this.  They make you wait until you have your entire party there and then they tale you back to a booth which was cramped and the place is loud.  It does have great food, however and I imagine that is why we continue to go there.
 Emily and Tracy
 Scott
 Tom
 Bruce
Ginny

It was a bright sunny day today and I drove over to Nevada (the County Seat) to get my car license renewal.  My birthday was November 13 and the sticker would have expired on Friday night.  No problem I got it.  As I was leaving I ran into Cal Halliburton who was there to help his wife Jane clear out her office. She is retiring as County Supervisor.  Article about it here.  Cal was a teacher with the Ames Schools and both he and Jane are friends of mine.  It was good to run into him. 

Well I got home and cleaned off the license plate and went to put the sticker on it but it would not stick. So I had to make another trip over to get a replacement.  This time I ran into Brother Bill Yungclas from Lodge.  And this time the sticker stuck.  The person who helped me with the replacement said to warm the plate up with my thumb before sticking it on. 

I was thinking of going to Des Moines to see a movie but decided to stay home instead.  I have a trip to Cedar Rapids tomorrow and that will need all the energy I can muster.  Besides the Kennedy Center Honors is on TV tonight and I always enjoy that.  

Be gentle with one another.  Hugs,  j

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

Look at all the heavy coats !