Saturday, December 11, 2010

Just because


The Lodge Christmas Dinner has been postponed for one week due to the impending blizzard.  Then I have to tell you that in the middle of the night I woke up and read the following on Facebook and it has really been nice.  Teachers don't hear this sort of thing nearly often enough.  I took out the names just because I did not want to embarrass him.
XXXXXXXJay Simser
Jay as I look back on my life you were the teacher that most touched me. XXXXXXXX and I were not the best students.But you really cared about us and i think you sent us on a lot better road than we were going!
I cannot thank you enough,your a good man and I as a man today thank you!
7 hours ago ·  ·  · See Friendship
    • Jay Simser You have no idea how much that means to me. And I still see your laughing eyes and smiles. Thanks for making my day.
      2 seconds ago · 

2 comments:

whalechaser said...

Jay,
When you get right down to it, that's all anyone ever really needs, true caring, understanding and compassion. I cannot understand why it is so hard for someone to let other people know how much they mean to them.

Like you, I don't know you, but through your website you have provided me with much laughter, reasoning and compassion for your fellow man. That has warmed my heart more than you can know.

I see that lately you have been a bit "down" I struggle for a worthy response when I become aware of that. Know that we out here in in "webland" need and support each other...I send you caring thoughts and hope that you are well prepared for the oncoming blizzard!!

Anna said...

Hi Jay,

I recently gave one of my professors a small gift and a note about how I've really enjoyed being in her class. She sent me a note saying that what I'd done for her "made my day/week/semester!" I am glad to be able to make people happy.

I know that you must have been a good teacher, if students are telling you so even when you're retired. I wish I could have been in your class just to see what it was like.

I hope you stay warm today as the blizzard comes to us! (I'm at Simpson not too far from you.)

-Anna