Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lunching

 Stompin Grounds was the venue for a lunch date with former students Alicia and Evan.  They live in Leiden in the Netherlands and Alicia blogs at Cycling Without a Helmet. She has an interesting Blog and I subscribe to it on my reader so that I can keep up on her activities.  I saw that she was back in Ames for the Holidays and made some comment on her blog and the next thing I knew we were having lunch.

They brightened the day and made me feel really good.  I forgot that we were having rain and fog and the promise of ice.


They were both in school at Edwards Elementary where I finished up my teaching.  Alicia was in my class and Evan was in the other class so I taught them both.  I remember him as a pretty good serious student.  Both were all around nice kids to have and I am happy that they have wound up together.  Evan is a scientist and working with Quantum physics and Electron microscopes ( I think. I get lost sometimes where those things are concerned.)  Alicia keeps the house, experiences the Dutch culture and blogs about it.  The pictures she takes are fabulous and well worth looking at so do visit her blog and enjoy.   It was great to see them and I hope we get to see each other when they come back.  Just as a side note Alicia' brother Yoni and I ate there also.  Yoni and his little brother Aaron are in Israel for Aaron's 18th birthday.  Alicia said that Aaron climbed to the top of Masada for his birthday.  You can see more of it here.  Thanks for stopping by, Be gentle with one another and stay warm.  Hugs,  j

No comments: