Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday -




My aunt Jo sent me this picture of her Great grandson Aiden who lives in Texas.  It is his first Christmas and he looks like he is really enjoying Santa as much as Santa seems to be enjoying Aiden.
This afternoon I went to see the movie How Do You Know? (Stupid title) -  It has been receiving unfavorable reviews except for this one from Time Magazine.  The movie stars Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Paul Rudd and Jack Nicholson who seemed to rest on his reputation rather than any real acting in this film.  It is too bad as he can be a fine actor.  The love triangle of Witherspoon, Wilson and Rudd was interesting.  It really didn't matter to me which one of the men was going to "get" Witherspoon in the end. I would have been happy with either one of them.  The movie lagged a little at times but all in all it was enjoyable.

There were long lines at the ticket booth and pop corn counter and because the new Tron 3-D was opening.  It will win the box office this week-end although it does not appeal to me. I, of course, got the slow line.  The young man in the other line worked circles around the person waiting on my line.

In other entertainment news my sister mentioned a TV show, Human Target, which is on Wednesday Nights on FX, I don't know why but I generally don't look at the FX network but I did start watching this show on the computer (I love being able to do that).  I really like it.  A couple of classy ladies and two guys who I had been familiar with from other TV shows.  One was on Boston Legal (Which I still miss) and the other played a principal in a school but I can't remember the name of that show right not.  Anyway I watched three of them before I went to the movie and two after I got back.  Now it is time to read.

Oh yes, I also went to the gas station and got my lug nuts torqued, (new tires earlier in the week) and the grocery store.  Just another day in paradise.  Be kind and gentle to one another and have a great week-end.  Hugs, j

1 comment:

kenju said...

I miss Boston Legal too and I know the show with the principal - they were both produced by the same guy (I can't remember his name, of course).

That's a great Santa photo!!