Friday, April 17, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

No time today so i had to combine Wordzzle and A Poem A day - Phrog will return next week.

For today's prompt, I want you to write a poem with the following title: "All I want is (blank)," where you fill in the blank with a word or phrase of your choosing. Some example titles, then, could be: "All I want is to eat fried chicken"; "All I want is world peace"; "All I want is for everyone to tell me I'm beautiful"; or "All I want is a handful of quarters."

All I Want is a Multi-purpose Poem

Two days after income tax day and I need some chicken noodle soup

either that or a hug from everyone in the group

For seventeen days I’ve been writing poetry

sitting around underneath the flowering plum tree

I think I have bats in the belfry for taking this on

The Salamander Sisters to the art festival have gone

They entered in a contest to jump rope in a group

while singing the song loopity loop

They’re sipping some organic tea

and singing to a wench who looks like me

(ugly woman)

She and her lover have joined a book club

they each brought a book and some Dutch Treat grub

She wore diamond earrings

and tigers on pins for bling blings

The cow jumped over the moon was the name of the book

they’ve read the prefix – it is about a paragon of virtue who was a crook.

Now they are finished with dinner and the book
This week's duties I did not shirk.


Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: preparation, tic-tac-toe, splurge, auction block, the bitter end, milk, papyrus, when the parade passes by, bill of lading, stone wall

Mini Challenge: polar bear, 20 seconds, get it together, spasmodic, antiquity

9 comments:

Nessa said...

This was great. I have noticed everyone is getting tired of writing poetry.

Dr.John said...

Loved the way you worked the two together.
I'm tired of writing poetry as well.
But then I don't write as well as you.

Fandango said...

Nice poem but we were looking forward to eating Phrog. Poems are not tasty. Salamanders are.

Raven said...

Well done! And you did slip the sisters in at least. I thought about taking on the poem a day thing but I wimped out.

Richard said...

Well done.

Anonymous said...

Very well done. I enjoyed this. :)

bettygram said...

Good job doing the two.

Akelamalu said...

Very clever to combine the wordzzle and poetry challenges. :)

Stephen said...

I liked the poem-wordzzle story. It flowed along very well.

Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/