Wednesday, April 8, 2009

All caught up


I now have "caught up" with the others in the poem a day. I have written a lot of poetry over the years. Most of it is pretty simple stuff. Couplets and stuff like that. Most of it is on my Poetry Blog.

Sometimes I will see something that inspires me like the time I was driving to school one day and a beautiful doe crossed the road in front of me. That was the inspiration for The Lady Deer. I went to school and sat down and wrote the poem.

Another time I was getting ready to go to a meeting after school. I looked across from the school and saw a large group of crows on the lawn. I spent the rest of the meeting at the back of the room scribbling the Crow Convention out. It is one of my favorites.

One afternoon I was sitting at the Starbucks at HyVee and a tall elegant couple came walking down the aisle. They were both elderly with white hair and were walkng in step with each other. That caused me to write Dancin' the Slow Dance. It remains one of my favorites.

Another was inspired by watching a TV show. The couple were cleaning out a closet. They were brother and sister. I think the show was Judging Amy. I wrote this poem because of that one.

One of my teacher friends made a copy of it and said she was going to put it in her closet so that after she was gone and her kids have to clean out her closet they will find the poem.

I shared The Ladies Who Lunch with one of my blogfriends when I read that she was going to lunch with some of her friends. She tells me that they liked it. I was having lunch onetime at the Stompin Grounds here in Ames and there were a bunch of ladies having lunch together. That is where that one came from.

I have written a lot of poems over the years. Most of it is trite but it is fun to write. I hope you will celebrate Poetry Month and read or write some poetry this month. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, j

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

good for you for writing poetry!
i have never done so, I doubt I could.

Nessa said...

I'm never sure what I'm doing when it comes to poetry. I prefer the structured kind and that it rhymes.