Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Wisdom


From One Mountain, Many Paths
An American Freemason Speaks Out for Peace
by Dr. Patrick Swift
Click book or here to go to the page and buy it for yourself,




In bringing harmony to an intense conflict, lingering feelings can remain. How can such harmony be considered a success? The wise forgive the debts of others.

Tao Te Ching 79 Adapted
Taoism

Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

Matthew 5:7
Christianity


I am not very good company this morning because of "lingering feelings" - The blemish on yesterday is still troubling me. I wish that I did not have those feelings but they were all brought back to me by a remark made by an unthinking person without regard to my feelings. Therefore I have no thoughts to bring to today's verses but will let you interpert them for yourselves. As for me I shall follow the Abrahamic method

And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren. Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.
I shall not be doing ritual work in the future. I guess I should thank the individual for freeing me from the stress of feeling that I should be doing it. The left hand pasture looks pretty good.

On a more positive note there is a new post on Ned's Diary on the elephant sanctuary. Be sure to click on Ned's picture to go and read about him. Things are looking up for my favorite elephant. Hope you have a Happy Easter. j

No comments: