Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday Party and some thoughts.


Lyssa had a surprise Birthday party for Kurt's 30th birthday. It was really nice and a lot of people were there to surprise him. Craig and Paul and I went down together and had a great time. Wade joined us at our booth. I took a lot of pictures.
My daffodils are not really doing very well but I got this picture.
In Des Moines the trees are beginning to bud. Spring is coming and things are getting nice again. I am so glad not to have to wear the winter coat. I had a really nice time at the Scottish Rite this week-end. I worked in the office and went to the Spring Fling Banquet. I have to say that I went to these places because there are no pictures of me since I take the pictures.

Tomorrow Kurt and I are going to work on Ritual when he gets off work. I enjoy doing this for him even though I won't be doing ritual in the future. At least I can help him to attain his goal. I also have a project for Shane at the Consistory but am not sure when I will get that done. Last night I found myself sitting between the Master of Kadosh and the Personal Representative for a while. I was told how much they appreciated what I do at the Scottish Rite. I actually just sort of carved out a spot. I take pictures, post them on the Consistory Blog and help out in the office. The Meet and Greet's have been fun and I have had a chance to make some new friends.

We see a lot of people in Masonry that we can only relate to superficially so it is nice to have an activity where we can really get to talk and know one another. The Consistory has recognized this and have many activities where members can interact on a more personal level. I think it is one of the reasons that I enjoy it so much more than the other things I do. Not that I do not have friends there also but it just seems that right now I am appreciated for what I do in the Scottish Rite. And I enjoy it a lot. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL, Hugs, j-bear

2 comments:

Nessa said...

My neice had her 21st birthday yesterday. I made her favorite chocolate cake.

Anonymous said...

Brother Jay, the restaurant looks like Garcia's of Scottsdale. Is it? As I recall, they have great Mexican food. I used to eat there all the time on trips from Fort Dodge to Des Moines. The home restaurant is in Scottdale, AZ, on the other side of the Valley. There is an equally good Mexican place much closer to us here in the West Valley, so it's not worth the trip for me now. Thanks for bringing back delicious memories. Wish Brother Kurt a happy birthday for me.