Friday, April 3, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

Ten Word Challenge will be: apoplexy, doctor, hummingbird, shallow end of the pool, brigadier general, mustard, greed, parallelogram, slumber party, casual


Mini Challenge: Mount Olympus, arsonist, portraits, birch trees, "that car needs a new muffler"

"Oh
doctor," screamed Rhonda. "I think someone is suffering from apoplexy. I was watching Phrog here in the library and Saydie started claiming that she was talking to him on the phone. I think she has let a hummingbird flitter around in her head. She acts like Brigadier Generall Michael Mustard, that person of greed, we found floating in the shallow end of the pool on the parallelogram float, who we would not invite to a casual dinner or a slumber party on Mount Olympus. "

It turned out that he was an
arsonistt who planted all of those birch trees and then painted portraits of his men climbing them. (birch trees grow quickly under the green power) - "Oh my, that car needs a new muffler. It is making such a racket. Why hello, it is LaGi returning from his sojourn."

Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: acrobat; grocery store; ceiling fan; dandelion; bumble bee; alabaster; scissors; chartreuse; strenuously; cube


Mini Challenge: iPod; poison ivy; computer; interpreter; optometrist

13 comments:

Nessa said...

A slumber party on Mt. Olympus sounds like fun.

Raven said...

We both had Generals Mustard! And I almost named mine Michael... or Malcolm and then decided not to bother giving him a first name. Wonderful as always.

Dr.John said...

But you didn't tell us where the real Phrog is. Now we have to wait another week. I suppose I could go talk to the General in the pool.
Well done as usual.

bettygram said...

Saydie is having some difficulty. You almost got all the words in a sentence.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. I enjoyed this.

Melli said...

I know how Saydie feels... I often have hummingbirds flitting in my own head!

Melli said...

I know just how Saydie feels... I often have hummingbirds flitting about in my own head... :)

Finding Pam said...

I wonder where Phrog is as well? These words were difficult, but you did a great job using them.

Dianne said...

melli makes me laugh!!

I love how the trees grow under green power

Fandango said...

You are weird. You write weird. Dragons like weird. Weird is fun.
Such great phrases. Such absurd pictures in the mind. You are sending those hummingbirds into everybody's head.

Richard said...

What is served at a casual dinner on Mt. Olympus? Grapes of Wrath?

ccorkran said...

Jay, good use of some most difficult words. Brief, concise, and amusing. Candace

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Hi Jay... I think I'll skip the slumber party on Mt. Olympus.Sounds cold. haha