Thursday, April 30, 2009

A New Master Mason

This is James, He was raised to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason in
Arcadia Lodge tonight.
The second section of the degree was put on by the Za Ga Zig Shrine Past Master's Club. All of the members of the Club are Past Masters of their Lodge and they travel from all over to put on the second section in costume for lodges. It is always a special event when they come and tonight was no exception. James' father and Uncle traveled over from Davenport to be with us tonight. It is always very special to see a family member get his third degree.

On another note it was interesting to me to know that this evening (probably as I am writing this due to the time difference) Brother Fred Anderson's Lodge in Arizona was also raising a new Brother to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason. I met Brother Fred through the Internet and was able to help him contact some Masons in Arizona where he now resides and he began his Masonic Journey. I hope someday I can meet him in person. I find that Blogging and Masonry go hand in hand. I read Brother Fred's Blog and Facebook posts every day. I think he is on the computer almost as much as I am. I feel as if I know him - Blogfriends and Blogbrothers are very special to me. So we were experiencing the same thing miles away and that is really kind of a neat thing.

I wrote the last poem of the month for A Poem A Day. That means that I wrote thirty poems this month. Not sure they are any good but they are all on my Poetry Blog. Not great poetry but it was fun to write some of them. Go look if you want. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs. J-bear.

3 comments:

Nessa said...

Congratulations on writing 30 poems. It was tough.

DonM said...

Jay, speaking of blogging. You need to read the cartoon Pickles today.

Anonymous said...

Brother Jay, thanks for the shout-out. I've blogged about my experience and will be interested in feed-back from you about my journey toward further Masonic light.