Friday, April 10, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

Ten Word Challenge: acrobat; grocery store; ceiling fan; dandelion; bumble bee; alabaster; scissors; chartreuse; strenuously; cube

Mini Challenge: iPod; poison ivy; computer; interpreter; optometrist


LaGi leaped into the room like an acrobat on his way to the dentist. He had actually been to the grocery store where he had purchased some Mexican jumping beans. He threw something at the ceiling fan which turned out to be a dandelion with a bumble bee sitting on it. Rhonda's alabaster skin turned bright red as she clutched the scissors in her hand (she was cutting some chartreuse paper.) "Oh," she screamed strenuously, "Get me out of here I am allergic to bees". She leaped towards the cube in the corner with the iPod laying (ar is it lying) on it. I am not afraid of poison ivy but I am bees.

Phrog, sitting at the
computer looked up. "Can you help me?" he said. "I am looking for an interpreter who is also an optometrist
."
Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: prefix, art festival, income tax, chicken noodle soup, jump rope, Dutch Treat, flowering plum tree, bats in the belfry, diamond earrings, tigers

Mini Challenge: book club, organic tea, the cow jumped over the moon, paragon of virtue, wench

12 comments:

Nessa said...

Amazingly lucid use of those words.

Raven said...

"leaped like an acrobat on the way to the dentist." Wonderful. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Akelamalu said...

An optometrist interpreter - not easy to find! LOL

Dr.John said...

Every week it gets a little weirder. Glad to see Phrog is back. Sorry he is having eye problems.
I just love this ongoing ( sort of) story.

gabrielle said...

I'm with Dr. John. Loved the surreal quality of the story.

gabrielle said...

I'm with Dr. John. Loved the surreal quality of the story.

Finding Pam said...

I am very afraid of bees! Nicely written story.

Fandango said...

This is a crazy place to visit. We still think Phrog might make a good lunch.

Anonymous said...

Jay...wonderful story. I like how there was plenty of leaping in the story. Great use of the words :)

Richard said...

I'm with Raven on the "leaped like an acrobat on the way to the dentist"
great line.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

The optometrist is also an interpreter... sort of. They interpret the test results that are done on eyes. Hahaha. Just another way to look at things that might get Phrog an eye exam more easily.

quilly said...

Phrog is phunny as ever! You did a great job with my words!

Late! Late! Late!
I finally got my Wordzzle up!