Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Wisdom


From One Mountain, Many Paths
An American Freemason Speaks Out for Peace
by Dr. Patrick Swift
Click book or here to go to the page and buy it for yourself,

"You have heard that it was said, 'You should love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends rain on the righteous and unrighteous."


Matthew 5:43-45
Christianity

"He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me," in those who harbor such thoughts hatred will never cease. "He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me," in those who do not harbor such thoughts hatred will cease. For hatred does not cease by hatred at any time: hatred ceases by love, this is the eternal love.

Drammapada I:3-5
Buddhism


All I can say is that this is easier to say than to do. Have a nice Sunday.

No comments: