Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A couple of things

Tonight was the third time we had the Consistory Meet and Greet or the "Consistory Club" as I am calling it. You can see that some folks stood around and visited.
Others sat on the couches. We all had a nice time visiting with one another. I enjoy going to these and sitting around and visiting. After it was over Kurt and I went over to Centro's for supper. It is a nice way to get to know one another.

Gas in Des Moines is 10 cents a gallon cheaper than it is in Ames. 30 miles difference. I save money every time I go to Des Moines if I get my gas there.

The UPS guy brought my wine the other day. It required an adult signature. The guy knocked on the door and by the time I got out of my chair he had stuck a note on the door and had taken off down the road. I yelled and got in the car and tried to catch him. I ddn't get him but I called UPS and complained and the supervisor went out and got it for me. So now I need to find a place to put the wine.

Thursday Morning

I actually fell asleep last night writing this post. When I woke up Craig was on and he has some motor mouth woman on who did not let him get a word in edgewise. He cold do nothing except sit there. Every time he tried to say something he interrupted and talked over him. Manic - it was awful. So I shut it off and went to bed.

I hate this time of year. I hate having to deal with the bureaucracy. I will (probably) be ready for taxes but I have to find a new tax person. There are some people I just will no longer deal with in my life. Having negative treatment over and over from some individuals just causes me to walk away. But then you know that about me if you are a regular reader of this "thing" this "thief of time" this blog. And now I have things to to. Like finish the minutes I took last night and then go read my blogs. After all I need to keep up with people. Have a great day!

Thanks for stopping by, Hugs, j

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Price in Madrid is the same as in Des Moines, but that is 25 miles away for you. Woodward is usually 2 cents higher than that. Go figure. Of course, you could drive to Cedar Rapids and pay 10-15 cents MORE than in Ames.

DonM said...

The best place to put the wine is: first,in a glass, then transferred into your mouth, and finally, after some swishing around and enjoying, into the stomach. That saves storage space tremendously.

Have you tried some of the South American Malbecs. I recommend them highly. They are generally much more flavorful and assertive than the highly over-rated merlots, and a bit more drinkable than the less expensive cabernets.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I have not tried them but I will now. I googled them and they sound interesting.

My problem with storage is that the Winery had a special and I got 12 bottles. With what I already had on hand I need to have a party (orgy?)

Ur-spo said...

just remember only little people pay taxes
So said Leona H.