Thursday, April 23, 2009

AA Evening

AA stands for Appetizer and Alcohol (or Alcohol and Appetizers whatever you want.) Today was Kurt's 30th birthday and we had made plans to go out to do something for it. I suggested it when he said something about not having a party. Now I knew that L had a party planned and had actually been invited to it but wanted to divert him from knowing about that so I suggested this. And nothing else would do but Kurt got to pick what he wanted to do. When I got thee he and the Prince and Princess were out planting carrots. The Princess saw me and came running over yelling Jaaaaay. We high fived about four times. Needless to say I am nuts about her. (Heck I am nuts about all of them)

This is the flowering bush in front of their door. I tried to do a "Bob" and take picture of it but I don't think they are as good as his. But they aren't bad.

Kurt wanted to do a "Pub Crawl" in the Court Avenue District so we stopped first at the Hessian Hous. Got a Bread, Meat and Cheese plate.

Second stop was Dos Rios. We sat outside and it was really nice. We got some appetizers.

Then we decided to eat and this is what we got. Lyssa's is above and Kurt and I a seafood dish.He could tell you the name, I just ate it. It was scrumptious. The Calamari that Lyssa had was wonderful.
And they topped it off with a dessert for Kurt. (He shared)
Des Moines is a photographer's Dream. Kurt and I took some "Artsy" pictures. Samples below.
Kurt was enameled of the (Yes, I know it was enamored but I am tired and loopy) sinks in the restroom so I went in and took this picture for him




This is their party room. It would be a good place to hold SPUD sometme. I took this from outside and I am pleased with the reflections in the glass.


I really am pleased with these two pictures. I love the reflection in the car window above and the Court house always takes a good picture. She is a grand old lady.

The Renaissace Savery was the place for coffee and we shared a bread pudding. The newly remodelled restaurant was called Bos and was very nice. I think we will try it sometime just to eat.


We went back to their house and guess who fell asleep in the back seat on the way home. He was really worn out. All in all though I think he had a great birthday. At least I had a great time celebrating Kurt. And you also need to know that we did not talk a lot about Masonry. We figured it would bore Lyssa and we can talk about it at other times, I think she appreciated it.
You can see all of the pictures at the Web Album Here,
Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL, Hugs, j

2 comments:

Nessa said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday. And your photos are great.

Dianne said...

I like the photos too! the car window reflection is great

looks like a wonderful celebration for Kurt!