Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Morning

Miss Cassie decided to jump in the empty laundry basket last night when Jon was over so we got some pictures of the event. It was late so Jon was already sleeping.

I just got the word that my car won't get worked on until Monday. Part was lost - What else is new. That means a rental for the week-end as I have places to be. Not fun. However the folks at Denny's Auto are taking care of getting me a rental so I don't have to worry. Even got me a "full size" vehicle. they will bring it to me tomorrow. So now you may have some idea of why I didn't post much last night. That and the new site Jon showed me. Fantastic Contraptions is awesome (and addictive)

Dianne over at Forks off the Moment had this to say about the Swine Flu scare. She has the Patty Judge announcement as it was shown on Letterman. It should be below as I tried to embed it. If you can't see it here go to her post and click on the link.




4 comments:

Dianne said...

Cassie has the most beautiful eyes! I love how cats will invesitgate anything and everything :)

isn't the Letterman clip hilarious!? I love at the end where you can hear him say - "must be important if they send the Lt. Governor"

thanks for the mention :)
you inspire me ;)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the Lt. Governor had a teleprompter problem?

DonM said...

Too bad there wasn't a mouse in the basket with her. Now that would have made a neat video. Of course the mouse could have jumped through one of the holes.

I was working in my garage a lot of years ago and heard somebody bouncing a basketball in my driveway. It kept on and kept on. Finally I got tired of it, and went to the garage door to chew them out. I opened it from the inside, but there was no one there. So I kept working. Pretty soon the ball started bouncing again. After a lot of searching, I finally discovered that a mouse had fallen or jumped into an empty rubber garbage can. He tried to jump out, but couldn't quite make it to the top. Of course, when he hit the bottom, it sounded like a basketball bouncing. Bump. Bump. Bump...

I watched for a while. Then I went to get Carol and show her. She didn't want me to hurt the poor little critter, so I took the can out into the street and tipped it over. So somebody probably got a mouse in their house because I didn't kill that one. Or perhaps a neighbor's cat had lunch. I never saw the mouse again, though.

Nessa said...

I didn't have Swine Flu.