Friday, August 22, 2008

The Last Degree

In Loving Memory
George R. Carr, 33° G.C
August 1, 1922 - August 12, 2008


Pastor Ramon Runkel of St. John's Lutheran Church described George as his primary Mentor and Friend. He said that George at the bottom had a deep respect and love for you as a person. He did.

He was described at the Masonic Celebration of his life in the same way with the addition of the word Brother. That was George. We will carry him with us in our hearts. His "Last Degree" was flawless. George would probably have told us that we should have said less and laughed more. But it was a wonderful tribute to a man and a Brother who we should all emulate.

A Scots Farewell

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no tears in a gloom-filed room
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little but not for long
And not with your head bowed low
Remember the love that we once shared.

Miss me -- but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take
And each must go alone.
It's all a part of the master plan
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go the the friend we know
And bury you sorrows in doing good deads

Miss me -- but let me go.

Gary Sissel 33° also described George as a mentor. He added the words "wise teacher."

Nothing more needs to be said. Godspeed, George - We're glad we knew ya!

No comments: