Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wordzzle

I can't believe how long I have been doing this. Raven has me addicted. As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

The Ten Word Challenge is: pogo stick, ant farm, psychic, tin box, wall safe, Waterloo, surge protector, pneumonia, ravages of time, turtle


And for the Mini Challenge: Swollen ankles, opera singer, toothy grin, oil paints, potter’s wheel


“Come Phrog ,”said Saydie putting her pillowcase aside. She went to the wall safe and opened it. She had to switch off protection devise disguised as a surge protector to open the safe. She removed a tin box and took out a ring made from a mummified turtle. The ravages of time had taken their toll on it and it could no longer be considered a thing of beauty. It had originally been found on General Phrog (Phrog’s great great uncle) after the battle of Waterloo and had been passed down from Secret Leader to Secret Leader. The ring had been smuggled out of France in an ant farm by a psychic opera singer with a toothy grin. She was famous for her rendition of Un bel Di.



She was an eclectic artist and carried her oil paints and her potter’s wheel with her wherever she went. Her pogo stick was the main means of transportation for her and most of the time it got her where she wanted to go. The one time it didn’t work was when she had pneumonia.

Sayde placed the ring in Phrog’s hand and immediately fell to the ground where she was joined by Sayllie and the two of them chanted the secret mantra of adoration to the Secret Leader. If they did not do it just right Phrog's powers would be diminished and he would be unable to perform his duties.

As he rose to his feet to accept their adoration the girls noted his swollen ankles,. Oh great Leader they exclaimed. Let us cure your ankles. It must be very difficult. I suppose that is a residual effect of your long walk to get here after you were jilted by your fiancée.

Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: invincible, falling leaves, surge protector, two-year-old, fusion, grizzly bear, Jamaica, delivery, popsicle stick, caviar

And for the Mini Challenge: toad stool, liquid lunch, counting sheep, manacles, Jurassic Park

10 comments:

Richard said...

The Salamanders always have something unusual going on. This week's was great. Nice touch with the opera video as well.

Rich

Raven said...

My computer is in need of an overhaul, so I couldn't watch/listen to the video. I'm hoping my friend can fix me up in the next week or so. I'm getting very frustrated. So many videos to watch and they just won't go.

But I digress. As always, I love the sisters and Phrog. I love your ability to be so cleverly whimsical and creative in these stories.

Akelamalu said...

I'm considering getting a pogo stick instead of my car, though I'm not a good singer! ((wink))

Fabulous, I loved it!

Dianne said...

Ahhhhh Maria - such a beauty with a beautiful voice!

I think you may have a real invention there with the surge protector protection device - even the name is catchy.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

And we get to use it next week also.

Melli said...

Ahhhh! Pogo sticks get SUCH good gas mileage! I do hope the sisters were able to heal Phrog's swollen ankles! What a CUTE story!

Kimmie said...

Very nice story Jay! I love the Salamander Sisters and Phrog also. Thank You for a delightful read. I hope Phrog's ankles are unswollen by next week. ;-)

Hugs,
Kimmie

Carletta said...

I so want to know what the girls use to cure the swollen ankles - I could use some!
Next chapter please...

Raven said...

Jay - I have corrected the list for next week. Can't believe I used surge protector twice. Maybe it's because I just bought myself a new one. Anyway, with a total lack of imagination I replaced it - as is my custom with the first thing that came into my head: Lap-top

SMM said...

I'm wonderin what the sisters did to cure the swollen ankles...let me know plz. Me got a swollen ankle too cuz of I tripped