Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bob's Photos

You had a nice shot of a sunset scene on your blog today.....

I shot the same area of the sky at approximately the same time frame I think. Mine was shot about 8PM, from a spot about 8 miles NW of Ames, also looking to the NW. When I shot mine the glow of the sun was intense, but the sky was lacking the pinks and reds that you saw....interesting!! I liked the swirling and rather ominous looking cloud at the top of the frame as well as the big thunderheads off to the right. About an hour later this system zipped through Greene, Boone, and Story counties making some rain and lightning. I am always overwhelmed with the power, beauty, and majesty of nature!
In other news....I found a NEW windmill as my subject. This one is in an open space not far from where I shot the stormy skies shown above. My last really nice windmill was located south of Boone along the road to the Ledges, and a golf course and home development spoiled the view of it. It is still there, but confined to a small space and surrounded by urban sprawl. This one is great and I am anxious to try some sunset shots with it soon. This view has the camera looking to the SW, picking up the fading glow of the sun and the stormy sky which was about 160 degrees to the right as one looked into the NW.

No comments: