Saturday, August 9, 2008

Blazing Prairie Stars

Bob writes:
Here the Blazing Prairie Stars in all their purple/magenta glory. They can be found on the cloverleaf where I-35 intersects with Highway 30. Most motorists do not see them as they whiz by, but I noticed them last year and was pleased to see them again this summer in more glory and color due to the heavy rains we had a month ago. The yellow flowers with them are the flowers of the Compass Plant. The Blazing Stars are indeed a beautiful contrast between the calm and tranquil way they are growing, along side the high speed interstate, where nearly everyone is going at least 10 miles over the speed limit!!


I am glad that Bob sent these as I really don't have anything to Blog about tonight. Yesterday I took my Aunt Jo out for lunch at the Tradewinds and then came home and took a three hour nap. I slept until almost 8:00 this morning and feel that I am caught up on my rest. I went out to Jeff's Pizza for supper. There were some college students who entertained the entire place with their loud playing along with the gameshow on the TV. They were in the booth right next to me. Actually there was only one of them who was "entertaining." He was the only one drinking. The last time I was out there there were two different kids screaming at the top of their lungs. I think the next time I shall get carry out. Watching "In Burges" with Colin Ferrell tonight - one of my Netflix movies. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, jcs

No comments: