Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday

First I attended the Scottish Rite Officers meeting at the Des Moines Scottish Rite Center. I take notes for the Des Moines Consistory Blog. They also had a reading of the 19th degree tonight but I chose not to attend that. There were a couple of reasons. I had offered to participate in the reading but since I was not responded to I decided that there was something else I would rather do. And that something was to go to the new Ruby Tuesday restaurant at 86th and Interstate 80/35.
Tonight was their Grand Opening and my friend Lyssa works there. Kurt and the kids met me there. Kurt had to take care of the kids because Lyssa had to work tonight. So I offered to take them out to dinner. I have 5 Masonic meetings this week and this was a very nice break.
It was like family day there for Kurt. His sister and her kids were at the table across from us. His Mother was working as a hostess. Lyssa's dad and brother came in later. It was fun to meet them.
Kurt and his kids. I really do love all of them..
Lyssa - doesn't that drink look yummy.
Lyssa's dad and brother with Kurt and the kids. The kids are nuts about them

It was perfectly beautiful when I went outside. I had a Cowboy Ribeye and it was very good. I and the mashed calliflower instead of the broccoli. Kurt had a Shrimp Pasta and the kids had Shrimp and French Fries. Everything was very well prepared and tasted wonderful. Kurt had warned me about the steak sauce so I asked for it on the side. It came on the steak so they had to re-do it but I didn't mind. I enjoyed it.
A couple more pictures from the evening. I love being able to see the sky.
Michael, one of the Scottish Rite members reads my blog. I visited with him a little when I was on the way out of the meeting. I really appreciated his remarks. He is a super nice guy and I am so glad I have met him.

When I got home I returned a call from my friend Craig. He and I are working on a very exciting project and had to do some taking. When Craig came to Iowa from Illinois we found that we had many things in common. I really do love his family also and I would say that Craig has become the friend I wanted and needed earlier this year which didn't work out. I am so very grateful for the people in my life. Those who care for me and seem to appreciate me make up for those who have been bullies or who did not work out to be my friend. I find that I can appreciate them more and more each day.

I really do think that the Universe does send us what we need in life. As I have said before at the Church I used to attend there was a sign on the wall. "Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need." Mary Baker Eddy At one time in my life I thought Someone was going to be my friend and I could fill an emotional void by being his friend. For whatever reason he chose not to be my friend so I needed to move on. Divine Love has given me very high quality friends and for that I am profoundly grateful. No axes to grind. Just Brotherly love and they share their families with me. When you look at the pictures above you can see why I am so happy that I have them. Thanks for stopping by, Hugs, jcs

1 comment:

Kurt said...

Jay,

We had a most excellent time, again, thank you.