Thursday, August 21, 2008

A New Master Mason

Austin was raised to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason tonight. He will be a real asset to our Lodge. As he was giving his thoughts after the meeting he mentioned that he just found out that his Great-grandfather had been a Mason in Chicago. It sounds like he was pretty high up in the fraternity. Austin mentioned two things that he thought about tonight. One was the Brotherhood and the other was the fact that he was going through the same (or nearly the same) ceremony that his Great-grandfather had gone through.

Yeah, Masonry is like that. It builds ties with our Brothers and with family members who have gone before. I know that I came to the same realization that my great grandfathers and by grandfathers knelt at the same altar and met with the same obstacles that I met in my journey around the Lodge. It is a very special feeling. Welcome Brother Austin.

In other news tomorrow I am going to pick up some green tomatos, It has been almost a year since I had any. Last year I wrote a poem about it. It is on my poetry blog. Read it if you want here. Oh yes, Bailey went to the groomer today. He looks beautiful.  Now I am the scruffy one.
Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, jcs

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

you probably wrote about it before, but what's up with the little white apron?