Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Special Request

I have a friend who I worked with when I taught. She is a very special lady. A Lodge Brother forwarded this e-mail to me and I sent it on. then I began to think that this is a great use of my blog. (probably better than I usually use it for.) How about taking a couple of minutes and send Seth a note or a card.

I will send mine out tomorrow. His mom writes:
I'm sending this special request to everyone in my address book, and asking you to send it on.

September 6 will be Seth's 35th birthday. George W and Laura won't let me fly to Iraq and deliver a birthday cake so the next best thing I could think of was LOTS of birthday cards. Would you please help a mom who is feeling pretty "detached" right now by sending a brithday greeting. You don't have to purchase a card...just a note on a piece of paper would be great. I am sure that many cards postmarked from the states would be overwhelming right now. The rate is the same as in the states, so a regular 42 cent stamp works. Please pass this on to anyone who you think might be willing to send a greeting. The more the merrier.



I have been told that I should not post his address. So if you will e-mail me at JaycoleS@AOL.com I will send it to you.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! Elaine


This is the note from Brother Paul when he forwarded it. I know Brian also. They are great people.

Brian served in the Marines in Nam. He was in the Battle of Hue. Brian, Elaine and I went to high school together. Seth volunteered to serve after establishing a successful career. I think this is such a great idea that I am passing it on.

Thanks.

Paul

When I asked for the pictures, I got this note from her and have her permission to post it.

Thank you, Jay, for doing this. I thought I'd been doing pretty good since Seth has been gone. But when these pictures arrived last week, the "strong mom" became pretty weepy. Even though I know in my head where he is and what he's doing, it was a dose of reality to see it.
He decided at 31 to enlist because he wanted to give back to his country. He'll be 35 September 6. Of course I'm proud of him, but it doesn't change the fact that I miss him and worry. Thanks for caring, and helping me "get the word out" to shower him with birthday wishes. Love, Elaine
So I am asking my readers to take a few minutes and send Seth a note for his birthday. I love it when I get comments on my blog but I would rather you sent Seth greetings. I just wish we could do it for all of the folks over there.

Thanks for stopping by, Hugs, jcs

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I sent him a birthday card after getting your e-mail

I also forwarded the e-mail on to all those I knew would do the same.

Hugs to Elaine!

I can only begin to imagine how it feels to worry so. My son is also 35.