Friday, May 15, 2009

Angels and Demons

One of my friends/Brothers went to see this last night at Midnight. I saw it this afternoon. I had to get dressed earlier than usual today to pick up Trevor who flew in from New York City to spend some time in Ames with his Girl friend. We ate at Lucca's for lunch and then I brought him back to Ames. The idea of going to the movie when there were a lot of people there did not appeal to me but I never mind an early afternoon movie so I went to the 12:45 showing.

I enjoyed it. I probably enjoyed the book more but the movie was OK. I am not a big Tom Hanks fan. I know a lot of people really like him but he s not my favorite actor. I enjoyed Star Trek more last week than I did this one. I imagine it will do well in the box office race. It did not get a great review in the New York Times. But that does not mean much for me. I enjoy most movies and I did enjoy this one. I thought that some of the dialogue was rather stilted and did not seem natural. The story itself kept my attention but it was rather predictable. (Maybe that was because I had read the book) Trailer is below. j

7 comments:

Carolyn R. Parsons said...

I do love Tom Hanks. I look forward to seeing this movie..I haven't read the book, usually I watch the movie first so I'm not disappointed..the book is always better!

Breeze

Kelly said...

I have yet to see it. But my daughter saw it last night and enjoyed it. She said "it has the longest most drawn out climax she has ever seen..." Then she told me all about... so do I even need to see it now? LOL

zhanglinnetwork said...

OK!

Nomad said...

Angels and Demons seems like a sequel to DaVinci Code, except with all the stops pulled out

Cyrano said...

I agrree your comments, I enjoy the film, may be more because I haved a catholic education, but it was an etretainment.
(sorry my english, I am spanish from barcelona)
best regards
Ah, for sure, the most beautifull of your flowers is really te most.
Cyrano

Harsh said...

I'm reading the book The Angels and Demons and am looking forward to watch the movie. I wanna complete readin d book cuz I alawys think the written novel is a lot better cuz we can imagine as we wish!!! He! He! He! He! I also read The Da Vinci Code, and am goin to read his (DAN BROWN'S) another novel, DIGITAL FORTRESS....I'm still searching for some of the comments over the books......

DonM said...

Angels and Demons (the book) actually comes before DaVinci Code. But they reversed the order for the movies. But since they are separate stories, it really doesn't matter. A&D was, by far the better book of the two, even though I enjoyed them both. So I have hopes for the movie as well.

As for Brown's earlier books, I wouldn't recommend them. I found them very dissappointing. But I will definitely read the one coming out this fall.