Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fifty Years Ago

In 1959 I graduated (along with 16 others) from Gilbert High School. Gilbert is a very small town about 5 miles north of Ames. We had worked very hard the previous two years to raise funds to pay for our Class Trip. We took a school bus into Chicago and then a train to Washington, D.C. from there we took another train to New York City. It was a wonderful trip and about 4 years ago I had the slides which I had taken on the trip to digital and I share them with you below. The camera I used was one given to my by my great uncle Carol Underwood when I was in California the previous summer.


Here are the pictures. Sorry they are not in order.




We have no plans that I have heard of for having a 50 year class reunion. I have no contact with any of them. About 4 years ago we were all invited over to Jerry and Judy Smith's place near the Ledges and had a nice reunion. Not everyone was there but I saw some of them. Unfortunately most of them were Republicans and I was (at that time a Democrat) - If that parenthetical surprises you I think you should know that I have decided to become an Independant. Both parties have lost their appeal to me. The Republicans are the party of no and blame and the Democrats refuse to stand up to them and I am very upset with them for not keeping promises. Anyway I have decided I cannot support either of them at this time.

Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j-bear.

1 comment:

Blondie said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures- pretty cool!