Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Redeaux

I am calling this post "Redeaux" because it is sort of a re-do. I went back to the Black Market Pizza today for lunch. I enjoyed it before and if anything it has gotten better. It is fun to read the messages on the chalk board.
It is laid out nicely and is clean and inviting.
This is Greg, one of the owners. I found out that he is a Mason. We are everywhere.
Doesn't that look yummy. I had a deep dish piece and also one with the pineapple. Delicious.
James and I met to go over his proficiency. The only drawback at Black Market Pizza is that they have Pepsi instead of coke. I drink Coke Zero.
They have a shrine to Al Capone in Black Market Pizza. Fun.
This isn't really a Redeaux but it sort of is. We have a new Fareway store in Ames. It is up in the north part of town. It is laid out pretty much the same way as the older Fareway store so it is sort of a Redeaux. The store is very nice. Much larger and you don't bump into so many people.


This one has a bakery. It smelled very nice when I walked in the store.
A wonderful meat department - I got a little rib eye for supper.

The "candy" aisle.
After I got my few groceries. I went for a drive and took some more pictures of the beautiful flowers around town. This is a row of flowering trees along one of the streets in north Ames.


This is the front of St. Cecilia's Catholic Church. I had not seen the new entrance and community center which they put up in 2005. My friend who goes there tells me that they have already outgrown it.
They have alternating trees growing along the west side of the parking lot.
The group of statues below used to be at the old St. Cecelia's Church which my great Grandfather's construction company built. They look really nice in this setting. I don't know for sure but they may be Christian Peterson statues. The red bud tree is also beautiful.
I found the tree above on my way home. It is on Duff Avenue just below 16th street. I think the way the blossoms cover the branches and the design is unique. But then I guess all trees are unique.
And this area is on 16th is what you do when you have a steep side yard that would be hard to mow. There is one on the north side of the street and another one on the south side. This is the one on the North side. I love the Iris. They are one of my favorite flowers.
So that is it. Just some more pictures from a beautiful day in Ames, Iowa. Thanks for stopping by. Jon took Max for a walk this afternoon. It will be good for both of them.

11 comments:

Nessa said...

"The Candy Aisle" that's funny.

Nabeel said...

The pink tree looks adorable !!

Anonymous said...

you got a blog of note

D. Harvey said...

I really like all of the pictures, and I'm entirely too jealous of the pizza.

And I hate when places sell just Pepsi products.

Invest Tools said...

good quality pictures. Never been to Iowa before, it's so beautiful.

yhanne said...

i enjoyed reading your blod and i must say you have captured a beautiful picture... nature...

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns pelo excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

Victor said...

Beautifull trees!

Beth Ann said...

So nice just to hear of Fareway! I am from Washington, IA but live in Indiana, and no one here knows about Fareway, of course.

Edward Azad said...

Black Market Pizza. That's the best restaurant name ever.

Tonte said...

I love the pictures of the colorful trees and how you notice beautiful around you(like-minds).It puts a smile on my face.I think you just started my day nicely. Thank you