Friday, May 29, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

This Week's Ten Word Challenge: parasite, meals on wheels, crows, it's my fault, everything but the kitchen sink, on sale, patriotism, the love of my life, library card, common sense

And for the mini: blackmail, California, stethoscope, postage, crank

"Oh, Wise Phrog", said Sallyie, "What are we going to do? The Albino Aardvark has escaped. I was getting my pills for the awful tapeworm parasite that I got from eating the meals on wheels delivered by the Crows. (That horrible family). It's my fault he escaped. I was looking through my purse (You know it has everything but the kitchen sink in it. (I got it on sale) and it has a theme of patriotism. I am not really sorry for he was the love of my life and I did not want to have to sacrifice him. All I found in the purse was an underused library card. I was blinded by the colors and he just eacaped. Common sense would tell me that I should have telephoned the security but I was afraid of blackmail."

"Settle down Sallyie", said Phrog. "It will be all right. He did not escape. I let him go. I was going to tell you that I sent him to California, as the Grand Exalted Ruler of the Salamanders. He is flying there with a stethoscope and my sealed instructions to the California Salamanders. (Actually I would have mailed them but postage has gone up so much that it was cheaper to buy an airline ticket.) I also sent him the crank for the new motor they have purchased. So you see my dear, everything is under (my) control.

Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: swashbuckler, heads-up, dry martini, recovery, jungle gym, whiskers, bathing suit, spade, circular reasoning, abrasive

The Mini Challenge: butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth, stagnation, chart, star crossed lovers, apricot brandy

10 comments:

Raven said...

Well done. I love the line about air line tickets being cheaper than postage. Getting there.

Thanks for you beautiful words about my brother's death. I truly appreciate them.

Reston Friends! said...

Jay, I like that the Crows were a family name -- and you let us know that. Clever!

Dr.John said...

As always I enjoyed. So the albino aardvark has gone from sacrifice to Grand Exalted ruler. I bet he's happy.I also loved the postage line.

Fandango said...

We dragons are upset. We looked forward to eating the albino aardvark but now you sent him to California and who know what will happen to the tasty thing there.
Great writing.

Dianne said...

the postage line is a gem

I love how quickly things change within the story
and I continue to invent voices for all the characters - the dialogue is so whimsical and musical - it is impossible not to hear them

have you ever tried that tooning website? some of the blogs use it
I would love to see how you imagine your creations :)

I will be thinking of you chuckling all weekend and it will make me chuckle too

ForestJane said...

Tapeworms in meals on wheels? Eww, don't even want to think about that one... lol

Good job with the words!

Richard said...

Phrog saves the day and the Albino Aardvark gets promoted. They must work for the treasury Dept or Goldman Sachs.

gabrielle said...

I keep thinking about Sallyie's purse. I have one like that too. I'm glad she found her library card.

Stephen said...

I liked the story. Not only did the Albino Aardvark get saved, it went from the lowest position to the highest.

Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/

Nessa said...

Aardvarks rule. Glad this one was freed to save the day.