Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Daily Update

This is not going to interest most of you but a couple of people might like to know that today:

I went to the eye doctor for my 6 month review. There has been no deterioration. ( I have glaucoma which is related to the f*&*ing diabetes.) He used the word stable about three times and I was able to read the 20/20 line on the chart. My cornea is thick and that is a good thing. So that was good. I go back in 6 months, just before my birthday. That means that I am 67 1/2.

I was hungry so I went to the Grove for an omelet. I love that place and I was told that on Thursday they are having corned beef and cabbage. So I know where I am going for lunch.

I finished reading Steven Saylor's The Triumph of Caesar and started Lindsey Davis' Alexandria. I love reading novels set in Ancient Rome and Egypt and I have read previous books by these authors so it is like reacquainting myself with old friends.

Oh and I got my hairscut. - all of them. My numbers are dropping on the Blog count. I guess I expected that. It has been fun bing a Blog of Note but I don't imagine that the most boring blog on the internet can sustain the numbers I had when I was first named that.

Oh yes, I added a link at the bottom of Ned's Diary. There are tributes to Ned coming in from all over the world. I am more bothered by his death than some because he was so mistreated. I was glad that he had the care of the folks at the Elephant Santctuary for the last months of his life. As soon as my stimulus bonus comes in I am giving some of it to the Sanctuary in Ned's memory. If you have time go there and read about all of the elephants. Remarkable stories.

Thanks for stopping by. Always Remember That You Are Loved! Hugs, j

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HARDLY the most boring blog on the internet! I enjoy reading your posts and looking at your photos! I'm glad I found you through Blog Of Note!

Corned beef and cabbage reminds me of Sunday dinners with my friends in the winter of 1992! We couldn't get enough!

HiddenZagreb said...

I love Lindsey Davis & her Falco novels, they are so funny, exciting, enjoyable & it is true that they make Rome come alive

Leila Franca said...

I also enjoy reading your posts and if it'd depend of me your numbers are not going to drop. Since i found your blog, i didn't miss any post.