Saturday, May 16, 2009

Reiman Gardens on a Saturday

Kurt and Lyssa and the kids came up for the afternoon. We had a great time!
First Lunch at Black Market Pizza. Elise was there so I snapped her picture and told her that I would put her on my blog.


Then it was out to the Reiman Gardens. This is a real asset for our community. The first attraction was the Butterfly hatching. Both of the kids knew what a chrysalis was and could pronounce it. We watched as a butterfly worked its way out of the shell and freed itself. Nature is fascinating.



The Prince spotted one that was flying around in the case.


We all went into the Butterfly house and Kurt took over with the camera. He took most of the pictures and did an awesome job. There were hundreds of butterflys flying around in the House. The Princess did not know what to make of it so Jaaaaay picked her up and was her protector. She got through it fine and she was fascinated. The Prince was much braver. But then he is older and more experienced.

I love the variations in this picture. Ethereal.


Next we went into the conservatory. Lots to look at in there.


The most beautiful flower in the garden!
This is called Angel's Trumpet. I had never seen it before. Beautiful


Kurt took most of the picture so there are even a couple of me in here. Lyssa and I are watching the kids (all three of them) play with the Phrog pumps. the Phrogs pump water out of their mouth and the idea is to see how far you can get the water to splash across the tub. The big kid got it the furthest.
I have my grandfather's hair.







Daises, lilacs and a paleontologist site for the kids to dig. Somebody did a great job in setting up the Children's Garden.

There are dinosaurs all over the garden. Lots of them.
Flowers and mini gardens make it a very special place to visit.
The rose gardens are here. Roses aren't blooming yet but they soon will be.
This was a wonderful experience for all of us. The gardens are best enjoyed through the eyes of children (and their parents) - the rest of the pictures are below. (I forgot to mention that Lyssa took some of them also.)  Take time to enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day was as nice as mine was. Hugs, j

P. S. If you want to see these pictures in a larger format click on the pictures below to be taken to the Web Album where you can play a slide show that fills up the screen.  j

3 comments:

Sheila said...

This is the first time I have ever checked out your site. I like all the photos, but my favs are of the butterflys.

Kurt said...

Thanks for the incredible day! We had such a good time, I know we'll have to start a butterfly garden at home now.

Too bad that it's going to take me longer that I had expected to fix your lawnmower though.

yhanne said...

i love the pictures especially the Angel's trumphet. the first time i saw it in person i was amazed. i'm so happy to see it in your blog and to know what it was called. my aunt told me that it was a pink yellow bell. now i know it is not a pink yellow bell but an angel's trumphet. thanks