Saturday, May 9, 2009

Star Treck

So, Last evening at about 9:05 PM as I am eating at the banquet after Lodge I felt a tingling sensation over my left nipple. (Phone was set on vibrate) - It was Jon informing me that he was at the movie theater for the 10:00 showing of Star Trek. He had already purchased his ticket and when he got there there was a line. Evidently a long enough line that he wanted to share the fact with hos uncle. So we talked for awhile and then he let me go back to my dinner.

Later at about 12:00 PM the phone made a noise at me and I had gotten the following Text Message from him.

Holy Hell. That was awesome! Star Trek Lives again. I will be seeing that again in the theatre
(and yes he used the British spelling of theater)

So nothing would do but that I would pull myself together and trek (notice how cleverly I worked that word into this post) down to see it for my self. I went to the 12:00 noon showing. - My reaction - "Holy Hell, that was awesome..." I have been a Star Trek fan since day One and this movie just brought it all back for me. Now I want to see all of them all over again. It may be the finest one of the bunch. It just nicely ties everything together.

The only complaint I had was that the scenes they labeled Iowa did not look much like this state. Way too flat. There are just not many places in Iowa that are without gently rolling hills and there is no chasm for him to drive into. Oops sorry that was a Spoiler and I don't usually do those.) But it is somewhat minor. I recommend it highly.

Now on to the other "thing" I want to say about the movie going experience. It used to be that you could go to a film and not have to watch commercials. Now they have something called "First Look" which is really just a commercial. Then we still get the previews. As to the previews I can't say I am looking forward to many of them. They appeared to appeal to the juvenile film goer who is still playing with Transformers or sophomoric humor. I can't say that many of the provies appeale do me. They are sort of like video games. Not much to them.
I have a feeling I may be reading more books this summer. That is all right with because I love reading. And napping. Think I shall do that now. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j.

4 comments:

Nessa said...

The second Star Trek fan who said it was great. I can't wait to see it.

The Expatresse said...

The reviews have all been glowing. I'm not even a fan, but I want to see it.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm looking forward to this one. Thanks for reviewing it.

Coolcook said...

Hi: I just peeked in at your blog, and was so pleased to see the word freemasonry.
My husband was a Mason, as a matter of fact he was Worshipful Master of his Lodge when he passed away at 53 years old. He love sitting in the east and his brethren were his greatest support. He loved the whole idea of belonging to the Lodge.
His funeral was held in the inner sanctuary and was the first such cermony ever performed in that Lodge.
Upon his installation as Master I cooked and served all the food to 50 Masons he was so proud to be the Master.
Widow of Worshipful Master Robert L Deveau
jake