Sunday, May 24, 2009

Is this heaven? No it's Iowa!


I had a really nice time today. I drove over to Rusty and Robin Hill's home near Perry, Iowa for a Barbecue. The picture above is not their home. I just love to take pictures of the abandoned farm houses and barns. I really love the weathered look of the wood.


Gene Aldrich. Gene and his wife live in Centerville and flew up to Des Moines and were picked up to come to the Barbecue. Gene is a Past Grand Commander.
Lillian Aldrich. Lillian is a Past Grand Royal Matron of the Order of the Amaranth.
They have some cats. This little one was very affectionate. I tried to get my aunt to take her but she is not ready for a new cat yet.




They had great food and plenty of it for everyone.

Wade came over from Newton.

Barb and B. O. came from Marshalltown. We had a really nice visit. B. O. is the Grand Governor of Sovereign York Rite College.



Greg Andersen, Past Grand High Priest and Bryce Hildredth who will be Grand Commander were also there.
As I left I snapped this picture of their home. I would love living out there. Rusty was raised on this place. He has 12o acres.
These are scenes of the rivers and creeks I crossed on the way home. I drove around the 4-H camp on the way home. I'll post some of those pictures tomorrow.


When I got home I sat out on the back porch sipping some Bushmill's Irish Whiskey. (Actually Bush's Black) My neighbor David came home and Max started barking at him. (Max always barks) - We have only met in passing and just said hello. I have never "neighbored" much but tonight I was sitting there sipping whiskey and so I offered him a drink. He accepted and we sat and sipped and visited for quite a long time. (Until his girlfriend came by.) I really enjoyed meeting him and getting to know him. I hope we can do it again sometime He has promised to teach me cribbage. I imagine I shall have to sharpen my math skills.


All in all I had a wonderful day. I hope you did also. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, J

No comments: