Friday, May 22, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

This Week's Ten Word Challenge: albino, trench, marble, assistant, Indian, What's that supposed to mean?, sound first principles, the key thing, moat, curtain

The mini challenge: under the surface, doomed, grand design, temple, aspirin

"Sallyie, do you have an aspirin? asked Phrog. "I have a terrible throbbing in my left temple." I need to get it fixed so that I can draw the grand design, of thedoomed aardvark under the surface of the Order's magical pond before I draw the curtain around it and fill in the moat. They will have to do the key thing before they can enter the Order. If they cannot complete the test over the sound first principles, they are out."

"What's that supposed to mean?" inquired Sallyie.

"I mean that they will never be a member of the Order and will never be allowed to kiss the foot of the cigar store Indian." replied Phrog, "Now have you seen my assistant?"

"Yes", replied Sallyie. "I saw him in the Marble Room. He was on his way to get a shovel to dig a trench to bury the albino aardvark after the sacrifice."

Next week's ten word challenge will be: parasite, meals on wheels, crows, it's my fault, everything but the kitchen sink, on sale, patriotism, the love of my life, library card, common sense

And for the mini: blackmail, California, stethoscope, postage, crank

9 comments:

Raven said...

I love this in too many ways to enumerate... from the doomed aardvark under the surface to the feet of the cigar store Indian to the Marble Room.... Well done!

ForestJane said...

Fun! I like the doomed albino aardvark too... lol

Good one!

Dr.John said...

It was so good I fought with Mr. Linksy and got you posted so you won't be missed by others.

Dianne said...

I have come to hear Phrog's voice as if he is played by Craig Ferguson

when Craig does his Lord Percy type voice

I love that

Fandango said...

What the High Order of Dragons really could use is an albino aardvark. We have lots of other wonderful symbols but no albino aardvark.
You are such a fun writer it is a joy to come here.

Richard said...

Aardvarks and Cigar store Indians always intrigue. I very much enjoyed your pictures of Des Moines as well.

gabrielle said...

You and the dragons have something in common this week in terms of open membership to secret orders.
I probably cannot pass the sound first principles test but will come back for more stories.

bettygram said...

I like the way you used the words again.

Stephen said...

The story was very good. I liked the albino aardvark and cigar store Indian, too.

Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/