Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More Spring Flowers

The delicate bell shaped Lily of the Valley flowers are my favorite, and they grow well in my back yard also! Their fragrance is incredibly wonderful, and if there was a way to digitally attach it here, you can bet you would be smelling it! Enjoy!


The Columbine is a gorgeous early spring woodland flower. This red variety can be found in the woodlands of the Midwest, particularly those areas that also get some sun. They are out now, so take a look! Also showing itself is Wood Phlox or Sweet William as it also called. Its light blue blossoms stand out prominently on the forest floor.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome photos, especially of the lillies. Lily of the Valley was my mother's favorite too and she had her wedding ring made with lillies all the way around a thick band. It was quite beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love those photos, they're beautiful.
I love looking at all the pictures on your blog, they're lovely.
(:

Ziggy Stardust said...

When I was growing up, we had a large area of Lilys of the Valley in our backyard, it was my Moms favorite and I loved picking her a bunch. Beautiful pictures, she is 91 now and I will always think of her when I see them

Leila Franca said...

The Lily of the Valley flowers are called "Princess earrings" in my place, in Brazil. It is also my mom's favorite.

Ur-spo said...

Such lovely spring flowers! These are some of my favorites. I remember having Lily of the Valley scented soap at childhood. It was really my mothers but I stole it. It was wonderful.