Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Wisdom


From One Mountain, Many Paths
An American Freemason Speaks Out for Peace
by Dr. Patrick Swift
Click book or here to go to the page and buy it for yourself,


The Primal One, the Pure Light, without beginning, without end Throughout all the ages, He is One and the Same.


Shri Guru Granth Sahib 1:6-28B
Sikhism

I am the Lord, and there is no other: besides me there is no god.

Isaiah 45:5
Judaism & Christianity

This is a basic concept of my religious thought. I think that it is interesting that this should be the quotes that the book opened to today so soon after I found Ernie' Borgnine's comment. "We believe in one thing, God" In the Masonic Lodge you must profess a belief in the existence of a supreme being.

I think that, as human beings, we all too often substitute other things for God. We love money, power, prestige, awards, We place our trust in other human beings. I think we have to look above and beyond that. I think we have to get to the place where Jesus was when he said "I and the Father are One." I do not think he was equating himself with God. I think he was so focused on God that he could say that because God permeated his entire being. He showed us how to love as Love does. That was his great mission. He spoke of that love to us. We need but to listen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that a yorkie teacup? i have one that is one year old and it is very stubborn and disobedient...is yours like that as well? Is it true that as they grow older, their coat turns all brown?

Shauna said...

The book looks very interesting. So glad to have found your blog!

kingads said...

wow!! so nice.I love this blog ^^

---------------------------
i know u love travel
visit http://www.hspt.us now!!

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Bailey is a regular Yorkie. He is not a teacup. Stubborn yes. Sometimes dispbedient but pure love. He is all the time. I like your blog. New York must be exciting to be in. I was there 50 years ago. I imagine it has changed.j