Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday - Flowering Trees of Ames.

Yes, I know these are not trees but they were so pretty I had to take their picture. The tulips are up all over town.
This is the Inis Grove park in Ames. All of the trees are not out yet but enough are to make a trip around town very nice.
This is the Homewood Golf course in North Ames.
This is what it must have looked like when my Cole ancestors came to Ames. It was in these woods that they first had a home. My Great-great Grandmother was buried in these woods as Ames did not have a cemetery. Later when they city built a cemetery they went to move her there. The story I heard was that all they could find was a couple of buttons so they buried them in the Ames cemetery.
There were golphers out on the course today. If I were a golf I would be nervous. (I know bad joke - poor spelling.) The Skunk River borders the golf course.
Several years ago the City purchased the old Ames High School and turned it into a City Hall. The trees out in front are dripping with blossoms.
Across the street are more flowering trees. Ames has a program of public art and this is one of the sculptures across from the City Hall. If you ask me the trees are a lot prettier.


I went to see Wolverine this afternoon and then drove around to take these pictures. You will have to click on them to embiggen them. The movie was based on a comic book and it is pretty good. But then you know I liked comic books as a kid. The scenery was absolutely beautiful Hugh Jackman did a great job and the only thing I will say is sit through all the credits so you can see the final scene. I won't say anything more as I don't do spoilers.































The Bleeding hearts can be seen much better if you embiggen the picture.






This is my house. The little pictures below were taken around the house. Click to embiggen.












Thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a great week-end. ARTYAL, Hugs, j-bear

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother Jay, I've been to Ames many times, but I've never appreciated it as much as when I see it through your eyes. It really is a lovely city. Thanks for the pics.

Nessa said...

Don't you just love Spring?