Thursday, May 7, 2009

Miscellaneia

I got my car back today. It is working again. It is nice to have a quiet ride again.

I spent the entire afternoon getting ready for the Lodge Stated Meeting tonight.

The meeting went well. Dave had to be Master as our Master had a track meet. I know his problem. He is a school teacher and the job is demanding. - We missed him.

We got a new petition tonight so we will have work to do in June.

Having become a "Blog of Note" has scared the bejesus out of me. I have no idea whatsoever to write. 11.407 people have been here in the last three days. It is slowing down. I imagine I will go back to the earlier numbers. In the meantime scroll down and look at the little map with the red dots to seen where the people are coming from who have been here.

Tomorrow I will go to Des Moines for our first Third Degree as a Lodge Under Dispensation. We will have a Table Lodge following and listen to a paper that Brother Kurt has prepared.

I have a new necktie to wear. I am looking forward to it.

Theresa came and cleaned when I was at Lodge. I love having her clean. She does a great job.

Jeremy donated a Masonic Flag to the Lodge and tonight following the meeting they flew it under a new US Flag. It looks really nice.

I am now going to work on the Found For Friday Post so I don't have to do it in the morning.

I am looking forward to Star Trek this week-end.

Oh yes one more thing. I appreciate all the comments but in order to be published I really need to see them in English. If I can find a translator for them and I can read them I will post them. Otherwise they get rejected. I will also not enter into a dialogue with people about my religious ideas. They are mine developed after a lifetime of thinking and if you don't like them that is your prerogative. You can put your religious thoughts on your blog not on mine.

I do not listen to proselytizers or Mormons who want to talk to me about their religion. They can baptize me a Mormon after I am dead as they did with President Obama's mother. I can't believe the chutzpah of these people. Two of them came to the door today as I was working on Lodge "stuff" - You can always tell two young guys together. Ordinarily I am cordial to them. Today they rang the doorbell and got Max and Bailey to barking and I saw who they were and just said "Go away." Not nice of me and I regretted it the minute I said it. But as I said I am not interested. I think I will get a No religious solicitation sign made to put up.

Thanks for stopping by, ARTYAL, Hugs, j

3 comments:

Nessa said...

When I see people coming to tell me I don't know God, I put Cody on the front porch and they don't walk up the sidewalk. I don't have the time to talk to people who "know better than I do" who God is.

John said...

IF I have time (which seems to be rare these days), I invite the fine young men in--and they ARE fine young men. We discuss my former colleagues who are Mormons, and of whom I am very fond.

I offer them a cup of coffee or a Coke. When I still smoked, I offered them a cigarette. I quote from the Book of Mormon. I offer to lead a prayer. Pretty soon their eyes are rolling, and they leave, shaking their heads,

It's kinda fun, in fact.

The ones who really rot my socks are the fundies who inform me that the world is coming to an end at some unspecified time about 11:13 a.m. next Wednesday.

I try to keep some Wiccan tracts around to pass out to them.

Usually keeps them away for a couple of years running.

DonM said...

No! No! It's not next Wednesday, it's in 2012, just like the Mayans predicted 800 years ago. Of course, their civilization ceased to exist as they knew it then a long time ago, so perhaps they were off by 800 years. At least they don't come knocking on your door, unless you count the ads in the book magazine for the several new books just out on that topic.